HR Sports Academy has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as our Community Sports Coordinator. This is a part time role, working 12 hours per week for a fixed term of 12 months is based in the London Borough of Haringey. As our Community Sports Coordinator, you will work closely with young people and the community, to build a network of delivery partners and sport organisations, promote the project to participants, ensuring you determine interest among the target audience and recruit a group of young local residents and develop their skills in coaching and developing sport projects. This is a fantastic time to join HR Sports Academy as we are scaling up our organisation to ensure that we are able to empower more children and you people with the skill and opportunities to lead safe, successful and happy lives.
· Coordinate the delivery of the programme across Haringey, offering sessions for at risk youths to engage in positive activities outside of school hours and for families to participate in a regular weekly fitness programme.
· Lead the recruitment and up-skilling of young residents, though our community leadership programme. Build a bank of delivery providers, coaches and venues to enhance provision and increase participation in the programme.
· Assist the company managers and events team in the development and coordination of workshops and events for sports and youth development.
· Be the point of contact for all aspects of the programme in Haringey Lead on recruitment for all activities working with a range of bodies including schools, colleges and universities, local authorities, sporting organisations and local businesses to foster partnerships and recruitment opportunities.
· Ensure recruitment targets for partners and participants are met each month.
· Work with the team to develop the quality assurance framework for delivery
· Ensure all sporting activities have an individual activity assessment completed for every sporting session, and compile other staff evaluation into the plans too.
· Monitor project paperwork including attendance forms, evaluation forms and sessional records and update internal databases where appropriate.
· Establish relationships with a range of different sport and youth organisations across London. Ensure data management of attendance and participation across the programme.
· Maintain and update information on all aspects the programme according to the programme deliverables.
· Undertake other administrative tasks related to the delivery of the programme Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all participants that have contact with the organisation.
· Ensure links between participants and other relevant services are developed and maintained for more accessible routes into employment, training, education, volunteering and sports participation.
· Work closely with a range of partners including, County Sports Partners, NGBs, Local Authorities, and local disability organisations to reach targets within Sport England and Sense priorities, making recommendations as appropriate.
· To contribute to the assessment of, and recording evidence of sports programmes.
· To attend meetings as required.
· To actively promote the awareness of Equal Opportunities policies in all aspects of her/his employment.
· To assist with and/or lead the delivery of sport sessions, training and workshops To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by your line Manager or Senior Manager, relevant to the objectives of the post.
· Successful track record in recruiting people on community based programmes with an emphasis on participants with at risk youths
· Experience in developing successful partnerships to deliver agreed targets
· Experience in setting up and delivering community sport programmes for children and young people, recruiting coaches and volunteers
· Successful track record of engaging and managing volunteers to support service delivery
· Experience in managing databases and proficient in using MS Excel and database software
· Knowledge of Health and Safety issues
· Understanding of and commitment to youth development through sport
· The ability to communicate assertively and with impact
· Excellent administration and ICT skills
· An ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team, remotely
· Innovative and pro-active approach to problem solving
· Good time management with an ability to manage workloads, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to use diplomacy at all levels
· Significant understanding and knowledge of people with disabilities needs, particularly adults not in education, training or employment and those generally experiencing social isolation
· Commitment to the implementation of Quality Assurance
· A positive attitude towards work, colleagues and service users
· Ability to work flexible shift patterns e.g. Evenings and weekends
· Appropriate/ relevant professional qualifications for the role
· Level 1 or 2 Sporting qualification or ability to work towards.
· First Aid Certificate
· Safeguarding and Child Protection Certificate
· Knowledge of Haringey and the issues its residents face
· Experience of completing external funding bids