Southwark Allstars is a local charter standard grassroots football club in South East London.
Job Description - Southwark Allstars Volunteer Coach
We have an opportunity available for a suitable volunteer Football coach. The successful candidate will be given specific responsibilities for a competitive youth team. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis, and hours of work will be weekends ONLY. Saturday 9:30am to 12 noon and Sunday for a home/away fixture. In return, you will have your expenses covered.
As our football coach, you will assist the work of the Head Coach and staff through the provision of coaching, instruction, and associated support.
Your responsibilities as Our Football Coach will include:
* Delivering high quality coaching to young players
* Supervising recreational sporting activities, within the hours agreed by the club and providing team training sessions to enable the teams to participate in fixtures and other competitive events.
* Accompanying and supervising teams involved in league fixtures and competitions
* Assisting with the management of equipment related to the particular sport(s) including team kit
* Undertaking such coaching and other duties as may be reasonably required by the Head Coach, consistent with the job title
* Ensuring the safety and well being of players
Our Ideal Football Coach may have:
* FA Level 1 coaching certificate (Not Essential)
* Availability to coach on weekends
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Confidence to deal with young players in a firm but friendly manner
* Commitment to the club and the team assigned to you