- To work with our current squad of Under 18 players for 10 hours per week, competing in the Camden and Islington Youth Football League (Friday night) and the Watford Friendly League (Sunday).
- To lead consistently high-quality sessions for our Academy players in line with our curriculum and tailored to the needs of the individuals in the squad.
- To work alongside your assistant coach to maximise the outcomes of each training session and match day.
- To not only follow our best practice sessions but to be creative with all session plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
- To lead the team on match days and compete strongly in all competitions.
- To be professional at all times, both on and off the pitch.
- To actively include yourself as part of the Bloomsbury Football team, going above and beyond in line with out club's values (Positivity, preparation, respect and excellence)
- To effectively educate academy players on all aspects of the game, both on and off the pitch.
- To optimise player performance in training and on matchdays.
- To plan and deliver sessions for the Boys Academy U18s to the highest level.
- To create detailed session plans that will enable players to maximise their potential.
- To educate players on the importance of all four corners of the FA's Four Corner Model, whilst facilitating the improvement of each of these.
- To follow individual progress and provide feedback to the Academy Manager regularly throughout the season.
- To work alongside all other coaches to ensure Bloomsbury Football's Academy provision bridges the gap between grassroots and professional football.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge required
- Confident of the pitch, planning and leading sessions for a Professional Development Phase (PDP) age group
- Confident in leading an U18s on a match day
- Confident in handling pressure situations
- Passionate and hard working
- Ambitious and proactive in personal development
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Ability to manage time to an excellent standard
- Ability to communicate effectively with players and parents
- Creative and innovative in the role
- Flexible schedule
- The candidate must have the right to live and work in the UK. Bloomsbury Football Foundation does not support visas.