Session leads will run weekly walking football sessions on behalf of Age UK. The walking football sessions aim to improve physical activity in older people. The sessions will provide a great way for those who are new to the game or those who can no longer play as they used to, to be reintroduced to the game at a slower pace. Session leads are vital in this process as they will be responsible for running appropriate warmups and drills, which will take into account the needs of service users as well as facilitating games so users get the most out of each session.
- Running 1 hour session a week with appropriate warm up, drills and game that varies week on week
- Modifying session to meet the physical needs of service users, plus ability to identify specific needs of users prior to activity and adapting accordingly
- Maintaining FA events system and reporting to Activity Coordinator when necessary
- Identify any potential safeguarding issues and report appropriately
- Ensure Covid measures are in place and followed accordingly
- Help to encourage socials after activities each week
- Minimum FA Playmakers (training can be provided if necessary)
- FA approved first-aid and safeguarding qualifications (training can be provided if necessary)
- Knowledge of safeguarding and an understanding of the needs of older people
- Committed and reliable
- Friendly and approachable manner, with the ability to create fun and varied sessions each week.
- Able to work well under own initiative
- Open minded and compassionate