Who are we?
Alpha Football Intelligence is a grassroots youth football club founded in January 2014 and based in the London borough of Islington. The club has been constantly growing since then, starting with 10 players, for over a 100 today. As we keep growing, we are looking to expand our coaching staff with the right people.
Our aim is to provide high standard coaching for everyone, regardless of financial resources or abilities. As well as developing football players, we make coaches development a priority to help all our staff members to reach their goals into the profession.
Our teams currently play in the Camden and Islington Youth League, and the Echo League.
What are the role’s requirements?
· To lead a selected age group’s training sessions and manage its match fixtures
· To plan, deliver and review training sessions that are adapted to the players’ needs and in line with the club’s curriculum
· To monitor and report players’ progress throughout the season
· To comply at any time with the club’s ethos and philosophy
· To liaise and communicate appropriately with parents
· To be able to communicate fluently in English (both written and verbal)
Who are we looking for?
· A passionate individual who is very eager and ambitious to develop as a coach
· A coach who shares our values, ethos, philosophy and playing style, and will stick to them in any given situation
· A players-focused coach who understands the needs of each player and thrive to develop individuals
· A creative and adaptable coach who can challenge all type of players and find solutions to any problems
· An exceptionally reliable and committed person
· A socially confident person who can build strong relationships with other coaches, parents, players or any stakeholder involved in the club’s operation
· A competitive individual who understands the difference between a winning at all costs and a winning mentality
· A role model for the kids, a respectful individual who adopts and maintain an exemplary attitude even in hard times
What do we offer?
· A constant and total support from Senior coaches to help you in your development
· The opportunity to coach different age groups in the Foundation Phase and the Youth Development Phase
· An access to Veo camera to record and analyse training sessions and matches
· In-house CPD sessions on a regular basis
· Funding for courses where appropriate and possible
· The opportunity to be part of our camps’ coaching staff
· Full coaching kit and equipment (footballs, bibs, cones, first aid kit)
· A £15 an hour wage
· Minimum FA Level 1 coaching qualification, ideally Level 2 or working towards it
· FA Youth Awards Modules
· FA enhanced DBS check
· FA Safeguarding
· FA First Aid
· Prior experience coaching youth football (1 year minimum)
· Valid Public Liability insurance (Recommended)
· Successful applicants need to be available Saturday from 2.30pm to 4pm for training
· Matches take place on Sundays and are home and away, so coaches need to be able to commute on their own
· Mid-week training is on Thursday from 4pm to 6pm but is not mandatory
How to apply:
Please send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
For Level 2 coaches, please also send us your course project