Football Coaching Academy has the vision to offer the very best football coaching and sports education solutions to all learners with whom we work. We work with learners from ages 5-19 through our many programmes and partnerships, including the FCA Palace 16-19 Football & Education programme, Colfe’s School (7-13 years) and Catford Wanderers Football Academy (5-11 years).
It is expected that the successful candidate will primarily work within our Catford Wanderers Football Academy, and they could also work in the Colfe’s School and FCA Palace programmes.
To manage players, plus lead the implementation of the coaching programme in our Catford Wanderers Football Academy programme at Kent County Cricket Club Beckenham, Catford Wanderers Sports Club, and on matchdays at other locations in and around south London. To oversee the training syllabus for your designated team, manage your designated team within the fixture programme as well as offer support to other Academy football staff.
In addition, the role may provide the opportunity to deliver football coaching at Colfe’s School, and within our FCA Palace 16-19 Programme.
You will be expected to deliver approximately 4-6 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours in delivering 1-2-1 and small group training, birthday parties, and out-of-term camps.
· Plan and deliver the team coaching at Kent County Cricket Club and other locations when required.
· Help maintain and ensure the highest standards & consistency.
· Support other Academy coaching staff
· Create and ensure a fun and engaging learning environment
· Support Football Coaching Academy Administrator with player packs, journals & learner assessment
· Manage player feedback processes & learner ILP
· Minimum FA Level 2 in Coaching (or actively working towards) qualification and in-date FA Safeguarding and First Aid.
· Experience with coaching children aged 5–11 years.
· Desired experience in coaching children aged between 11-16 years.
· Energetic & motivated
· Comfortable working independently and within a team
· Good interpersonal skills and a professional & cooperative manner
· Flexibility to respond quickly and easily to changing priorities.
· Must possess an in-date Enhanced DBS Check and a valid driving license.